Here are a few products and services I highly recommend.
Sticking with Teaching?
If you’re not ready to make the jump, sign up for my newsletter and check out these amazing books:
- Life After Teaching Newsletter connects you with articles specific to teaching and career transition. I send it mostly monthly.
- Tools for Teachers by Fred Jones will help you feel more in control of your classroom. The only teaching book I ever read that actually gave practical, helpful advice for classroom management.
Transitioning to Freelance?
Here are entertaining and insightful blogs that helped me start my freelance business:
- Five Figure Writer by Sarah Greesonbach (me!) where I write about full-time freelance writing.
- Life [Comma] Etc where I write about faith, eating paleo, and finances.
- The Middle Finger Project by Ash Ambirge and her design and copywriting product I used to start freelance writing called Brandgasm.
Books About Career Changes
- Roadmap: The Get-It-Together Guide for Figuring Out What to Do with Your Life, by Brian McAllister, Mike Marriner, and Nathan Gebhard (The website is great, too!)
- Getting Unstuck: How Dead Ends Become New Paths, by Harvard Business School Professor Timothy Butler
- What Color Is My Parachute? A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers, by Career Expert Richard N. Bolles
- Do What You Are: Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type, by Paul D. Tieger and Barbara Barron
- Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck, by Jon Acuff
Distinctive Career Advice
For more advice on career transition, I highly recommend these blogs: